Thursday, June 01, 2006

Today I was instrumental in apprehending a robbery suspect

I was on the west side of town mid-shift, out of gas and hungry.

I went down to this gas station that I know to get some petro and some take-out cheeseburgers that they have there that are the fuck.

I walked in placed my order, and gave the guy 2 20's to prepay for some gas. I walk back out to the pumps and begin fueling. I only got to 4 bucks...What is that a half a gallon these days?.....When a guy comes running out of the bar next door.....

WHERE DID HE GO? DID YOU SEE SOMEBODY JUST RUN OUT OF HERE??? WHICH WAY DID HE GO?



I donno man. I just got here(pointed at the small gas amount)I didn't see anybody


HOW DID YOU NOT SEE HIM, HE JUST RAN OUT OF HERE A SECOND AGO?


I'm tellin ya, I didn't see anybody running any....


I got mid-sentence and then I seen a Chevy pickup pull out from behind the building....I pointed at him.

Is that the guy?


As soon as I pointed at the guy, he peeled out of the lot like a bat out of hell......I had already gathered that this was the bartender I was talking to and I figured he just got robbed or something.


Now if jerkoff in the Chevy had just left the scene quietly he might have gotten away with it, but considering running is a surefire sign of guilt, I took off on foot to try and get the plate #. I run out into the street to get behind him as he was running a red light. I was able to get the plate number in time.

I run back to the cab and write the number down along w/ description.

I guess they had already called the cops because no sooner than I had the info to paper metro cruises by and we're waiving him in. Not knowing the difference he pulled right up to me...

Officer, suspect is in a late 90's Chevy pick-up 2500 or 3500. Two tone, Light brown/dark brown. Plate #XXX-XXX. Last seen heading EB on Westcliff about 2 minutes ago.


The officer got right on the radio with info...Which was quality info if I do say so myself. Cabbie training I guess.

Officer:
description of the suspect?


I didn't get a good look at the guy. He was white, mid 30's...I'm sure these guys can give you a better description, they're the bartenders


Who are you?


I'm just a guy pumping gas..trying to help out


The cop was pissed about that for some reason. (that I wasn't the guy who got robbed) Like that invalidated all the info I just gave him.

No sooner than cop debriefs the two bartenders, coppers radio lights up and he goes on to explain that they caught the guy.

Right the fuck on.

A while later after filling out witness reports and other BS more metros show up, one of which has the guy in the backseat. The wanted us to ID the guy. I refused, b/c I didn't get a good enough look at the guy himself. But I said I could positively ID the truck if needbe. didn't matter, the bartenders both ID'd the guy, and they had the whole thing on tape anyway.

Looks like I might have to show up in court though.

Cheeseburgers were good as usual, albeit cold.

2 comments:

MrFunkMD said...

yes.....friends have been asking me: "what side of the law are you on anyways"?

Anonymous said...

Good job. Keep these stories coming!