Thursday, June 01, 2006

Today I was instrumental in apprehending a robbery suspect

I was on the west side of town mid-shift, out of gas and hungry.

I went down to this gas station that I know to get some petro and some take-out cheeseburgers that they have there that are the fuck.

I walked in placed my order, and gave the guy 2 20's to prepay for some gas. I walk back out to the pumps and begin fueling. I only got to 4 bucks...What is that a half a gallon these days?.....When a guy comes running out of the bar next door.....

WHERE DID HE GO? DID YOU SEE SOMEBODY JUST RUN OUT OF HERE??? WHICH WAY DID HE GO?



I donno man. I just got here(pointed at the small gas amount)I didn't see anybody


HOW DID YOU NOT SEE HIM, HE JUST RAN OUT OF HERE A SECOND AGO?


I'm tellin ya, I didn't see anybody running any....


I got mid-sentence and then I seen a Chevy pickup pull out from behind the building....I pointed at him.

Is that the guy?


As soon as I pointed at the guy, he peeled out of the lot like a bat out of hell......I had already gathered that this was the bartender I was talking to and I figured he just got robbed or something.


Now if jerkoff in the Chevy had just left the scene quietly he might have gotten away with it, but considering running is a surefire sign of guilt, I took off on foot to try and get the plate #. I run out into the street to get behind him as he was running a red light. I was able to get the plate number in time.

I run back to the cab and write the number down along w/ description.

I guess they had already called the cops because no sooner than I had the info to paper metro cruises by and we're waiving him in. Not knowing the difference he pulled right up to me...

Officer, suspect is in a late 90's Chevy pick-up 2500 or 3500. Two tone, Light brown/dark brown. Plate #XXX-XXX. Last seen heading EB on Westcliff about 2 minutes ago.


The officer got right on the radio with info...Which was quality info if I do say so myself. Cabbie training I guess.

Officer:
description of the suspect?


I didn't get a good look at the guy. He was white, mid 30's...I'm sure these guys can give you a better description, they're the bartenders


Who are you?


I'm just a guy pumping gas..trying to help out


The cop was pissed about that for some reason. (that I wasn't the guy who got robbed) Like that invalidated all the info I just gave him.

No sooner than cop debriefs the two bartenders, coppers radio lights up and he goes on to explain that they caught the guy.

Right the fuck on.

A while later after filling out witness reports and other BS more metros show up, one of which has the guy in the backseat. The wanted us to ID the guy. I refused, b/c I didn't get a good enough look at the guy himself. But I said I could positively ID the truck if needbe. didn't matter, the bartenders both ID'd the guy, and they had the whole thing on tape anyway.

Looks like I might have to show up in court though.

Cheeseburgers were good as usual, albeit cold.

3 comments:

DNA024 said...

Good job on helping catch the guy. I think that should be good enough to pardon you from running from the cops that day you were giving the ride from the airport. HAHAHA. Keep up the good work man.

MrFunkMD said...

yes.....friends have been asking me: "what side of the law are you on anyways"?

Anonymous said...

Good job. Keep these stories coming!